Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wild Child


Many may think this is a stupid movie, but I absolutely love it. It makes me laugh A LOT, and the music is really great. "Wild Child" came out in 2008 and was directed by Nick Moore. This film features Natasha Richardson's final on-screen performance.

Poppy Moore, a rich Malibu princess, is sent off to a boarding school in England after the last straw her Dad can stand. She arrives in this country-side all-brick school, full of girls who think more about their studies than trying to look fashionable, her complete opposite. She first cannot understand these girls, then, with their help, will try to do everything possible to get out of this school. One of her ways out is to 'snog' the headmistress' son, Freddie, who will of course become the reason why she will want to stay.

Emma Roberts plays Poppy, and she does an absolutely amazing job at it. I really love Emma Roberts, and most of the movies she is in make me smile. Freddie is played by Alex Pettyfer, and he is pretty handsome. Other actresses in the movie are Juno Temple, the late Natasha Richardson, Georgia King, Kimberley Nixon, Sophie Wu and Linzey Cocker. Most of them are not famous actresses, but they are all really great.

This movie appears silly and superficial but, as the movie unfolds, we discover a deeper side to it. The story is amusing and beautiful. I really recommend this movie if you are looking for something entertaining and really fun. Also, Alex Pettyfer is just too pretty to lose an opportunity to look at him for an hour.






There are so many of these lines that are just my favorites ever:
"I didn't start it, it wasn't my fault, and if this were America, I would sue." - "There's something about you Poppy, every moment I'm with you, I catch my breath." - "I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir, because I'm not really myself right now, you see." - "When it comes to school, there is a hierarchy: headmaster, teachers, prefects, students, dogs, vermine, Americans."

No comments:

Post a Comment